|Data & Tools||Publications||Training|
What is it?
Alternative (or Renewable) Energy can potentially replace or supplement traditional fossil-fuel sources such as coal, oil, and natural gas. Alternative energy sources include solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric, biomass and nuclear.
What’s the payoff?
Benefits may include increased independence from foreign energy sources and a reduction in the release of toxic elements into the environment. Renewable energy projects may provide local or regional economic benefits.
How can we help?
- Define a Reliability Program that ensures robust alternative energy product/system designs and processes based on realistic requirements
- Perform assessments of competing design/process approaches and determine the reliability, maintainability and quality (RMQ) attributes of the selected approach to recommend improvements
- Collect data/information and perform analyses to assess the RMQ status, trends and root failure causes for alternative energy components, systems and/or installations
- Develop tools/databases (including web-based) that collect data and report RMQ status to faciliate informed and timely decisions
- Assess the impact of RMQ decisions on total life cycle and ownership costs
Related Data & Tools:
Staff at the RMQSI Knowledge Center have provided many years of value-added consulting and software/tool development experience in the RMQ Engineering disciplines, to both commercial and government clients. Browse through our website to learn more and contact us to see how we can develop software and tools tailored to the specific RMQ needs of your organization.
- GREEN: The Impact of “Green” Technology on System ReliabilityThe objective of the “Impact of ‘Green’ Technologies on System Reliability” Handbook is to identify the reliability considerations related to key green power generating technologies (solar, wind and geothermal), and to present methodologies and/or models useful in the identification and mitigation of reliability risks.
Staff at the RMQSI Knowledge Center have provided many years of value-added consulting and training experience in the RMQ Engineering disciplines, to both commercial and government clients. Browse through our website to learn more and contact us to see how we can develop and present customized training to your organization.