|Data & Tools||Publications||Training|
What is it?
Data collection and analysis facilitates an understanding field operational use profiles and environmental stress data and is critical for ensuring design/process robustness. Collection and analysis of failure data to root failure cause identification and mitigation is critical to ensure product/process reliability growth and success over its life cycle.
What’s the payoff?
Trends from data analyses identify areas of a design or process that are candidates for improvement, point to part/process problems, and can help with maintenance planning. Resulting corrective actions provide a means to better satisfy customers and to reduce warranty and life cycle costs.
How can we help?
- Perform an independent review of your current data collection/analysis program
- Collect and analyze operational use profile and environmental stress data
- Provide objective analysis of your product/process data, recommend corrective actions and verify their effectiveness
- Help you develop an effective data program that can be used as an optimized decision tool
- Develop customized database solutions to solve unique data collection and analysis requirements
- Automate your data activities, from facilitating remote web-based data input to automated analysis routines and graphical management output for decision-making
- Quanterion Automated Databook (NPRD-2016, FMD-2016, EPRD-2014)This interactive software tool provides efficient search and retrieval of all information contained in the EPRD, NPRD, and FMD hard copy products. Containing a built-in search engine, information may be searched on part number, part types, manufacturer, and National Stock Number (NSN). Additional filters are available to specify application environment and quality levels. A User's Guide is provided to assist the user in understanding the software capabilities. The tool operates in the Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 environments. (Automated Databook)
License DescriptionIndividual License: $750 (Download or CD-ROM) Individual License (for installation on a single computer for use by one individual at any time). Site License: $9,000 (Download or CD-ROM) Site License (for use within a 50-mile radius of the primary point of use). Corporate License: $23,800 (Download or CD-ROM) Corporate License (for global use, limited to the employees of a single agency or corporation).--> *NOTE: Please contact Quanterion at (877) 808-0097 (Toll Free), or (315) 732-0097 if you are a 3rd party software tool developer and would like to inquire about incorporating this data into your product. *Available in Download, CD-ROM, and Subscriptions. *NOTE: The CD-ROM or download versions are not PDF versions of the Hardcopy document.This product is also offered as a subscription. Click here to view subscription options.
- Failure Mode / Mechanism Distributions – FMD-2016The 2016 Edition of the Failure Mode/Mechanisms Distribution (FMD-2016) contains field failure mode and mechanism distribution data on a variety of electrical, mechanical, and electromechanical parts and assemblies. This data can be used to apportion an item’s failure rate into modal elements and assist in the performance of reliability analyses and assessments such as Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA). FMD-2016 contains over 990,000 new records, a 10 fold increase over the 98,000 records presented in its predecessor, FMD-2013.
Free Podcast Available! Watch NowView Introduction View Part Descriptors * NOTE: The CD-ROM, download and Automated Text Reader versions are not PDF versions of this hardcopy document. The CD, Download and Automated Text Reader formats operate in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 environment. The subscription version will work on any operating system including Apple Mac machines.
- Quanterion Automated Databook (NPRD-2016, FMD-2013, EPRD-2014)This interactive software tool provides efficient search and retrieval of all information contained in the EPRD, NPRD, and FMD hard copy products. Containing a built-in search engine, information may be searched on part number, part types, manufacturer, and National Stock Number (NSN). Additional filters are available to specify application environment and quality levels.
- Reliability Online Automated Databook System (ROADS) – All Databooks (NPRD EPRD FMD) SubscriptionThis interactive online tool is a subscription service that provides efficient search and retrieval of all information contained in the EPRD, NPRD, and FMD hardcopy databooks. Containing a built-in search engine, information may be searched on part number, part types, manufacturer, and National Stock Number (NSN). Additional filters are available to specify application environment and quality levels.
- Warranty CalculatorThe Warranty Calculator planning and analysis tool provides automated calculations and comparisons for ten different warranty types in common use. The tool also includes data, information and references that provide further guidance for over 30 additional warranty types.
- Nonelectronic Parts Reliability Data – NPRD-2016Nonelectronic Parts Reliability Data (NPRD) provides failure rate data for a wide variety of component types including mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic assemblies. It provides summary and detailed data sorted by part type, quality level, environment and data source.
- Failure Mode / Mechanism Distributions – FMD-2013FMD-2013 is the third release in a series of Reliability Information Analysis Center (RIAC) databooks that contain Failure Mode and Mechanism Distribution data. It updates the 1997 Edition of the databook, providing an expanded compendium of failure mode/mechanism data for electronic, electromechanical and mechanical parts, components and assemblies.
- Electronic Parts Reliability Data – EPRD-2014This document contains reliability data on both commercial and military electronic components for use in reliability analyses. It contains failure rate data on integrated circuits, discrete semiconductors (diodes, transistors, optoelectronic devices), resistors, capacitors, and inductors/transformers, all of which were obtained from the field usage of electronic components.
- Reliability Toolkit: Commercial Practices EditionThe “Reliability Toolkit: Commercial Practices Edition” helps both the commercial and military sectors deal with developing and manufacturing reliable products in today’s competitive markets. Over 80 topics, representing every aspect of a product’s reliability over its life cycle, have been well received by thousands of Toolkit owners to date.
- System Reliability Toolkit-VThe System Reliability Toolkit provides technical guidance in all aspects of system reliability, addressing both software reliability and human factors to better reflect the changing requirements of defense community.
- Practical Applications of the RIAC System Reliability ToolkitThe purpose of this publication is to provide illustrative examples of the more common mathematical calculations and statistical techniques utilized by reliability engineers in the practical performance of their daily activities. It is intended to be used as a companion to the RIAC “System Reliability Toolkit”, as the foundations of all of the techniques illustrated in this publication are discussed therein.
- Reliability Modeling – The RIAC Guide to Reliability Prediction, Assessment and EstimationThe intent of this book is to provide guidance on modeling techniques that can be used to quantify the reliability of a product or system. In this context, reliability modeling is the process of constructing a mathematical model that is used to estimate the reliability characteristics of a product.
- Mechanical Analysis and Other Specialized Techniques for Enhancing Reliability (MASTER)This document is specifically targeted to address this problem, outlining the competing approaches to part reliability predictions, including Statistical Analysis of relevant failure data, Physics of Failure modeling, Empirical Failure Models and Data, and other less common but acceptable methods.
- Weibull AnalysisThe statistical analysis of an item’s failure data is widely regarded as one of the most accurate techniques for assessing its reliability in a specific application or environment. Though there are many different statistical distributions (e.g., exponential, lognormal, etc.), the Weibull distribution is especially useful because of its ability to characterize a wide range of potential data trends.
- Quanterion Solutions Hosts Reliability Fall 2021 Open Training SessionsFall 2021 Open Training is now closed for registrations. Discover Quanterion’s Winter 2021 Open Training. Quanterion Solutions is offering reliability engineering open training this fall on Tuesday, Sept. 14 through Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021. The hands-on training will be hosted at the San Diego Training and Conference Center in San Diego, CA. Attendees can choose between… Read More
- Lunchtime Learning SeriesThe “Lunchtime Learning” series is a group of short course tutorials are aimed at providing a basic introduction to a variety of topics in which our community members have expressed an interest.
- Probability and Statistics for Reliability: An IntroductionPainful as it is to many of us, the generally desirable product characteristicReliability is heavily dependent on Probability and Statistics for measuring and describing its characteristics. This edition of Reliability Ques will only be the tip of the iceberg in this regard. Let’s start with a few basics:
- Which Design is More Reliable? Weibull Provides Answers!Weibull Analysis is often used to analyze field or test failure data to understand how items are failing and what specific underlying failure distribution is being followed by failures that occur. One of our staff engineers was recently responsible for making a vendor recommendation for a limited life item that had a specified 5% minimum… Read More