|Data & Tools||Publications||Training|
What is it?
Quality management is a broad term used to describe those activities that are beneficial in building quality products. Other associated terms historically associated with this concept are Total Quality Management (TQM), Statistical Process Control (SPC), etc. The philosophies of Deming, Juran, Taguchi and others are part of this class of activities, as are approaches such as “Six Sigma”, “Lean Six Sigma” and ISO 9000.
What’s the payoff?
High quality products and services are critical to long-term business success, resulting in decreased costs, enhanced customer satisfaction and increased profits.
How can we help?
- Perform analyses for your organization that help reduce the causes (and cost) of product and process variability
- Train your staff in the principles of quality management, the causes of quality problems and their remedies
- Assist your staff in implementing analytical tools and methods to ensure product/process quality
- Provide an independent objective review and assessment to help your organization solve specific quality-related problems
- Assess or develop tools and databases to help you track your quality results
- Define and help you implement quality programs with respect to parts/materials and other suppliers
- QuART PROThe QuART software series represents the fourth generation of the highly popular "Reliability Toolkit" series of RMQ engineering aids originated in 1988 by Quanterion personnel while working at the Rome Laboratory (formerly Rome Air Development Center).
- QuART ER (Enhancing Reliability)This 2011 release features over 2 dozen new or improved tools over QuART PRO. QuART ER updates more than 10 tools and adds more than 15 new tools to the tool set available in QuART PRO, including the "Ask a Quanterion Expert" function that allows users to direct their reliability questions to an ASQ certified reliability expert at Quanterion.
- Reliability Toolkit: Commercial Practices EditionThe “Reliability Toolkit: Commercial Practices Edition” helps both the commercial and military sectors deal with developing and manufacturing reliable products in today’s competitive markets. Over 80 topics, representing every aspect of a product’s reliability over its life cycle, have been well received by thousands of Toolkit owners to date.
- System Reliability Toolkit-VThe System Reliability Toolkit provides technical guidance in all aspects of system reliability, addressing both software reliability and human factors to better reflect the changing requirements of defense community.
- Practical Applications of the RIAC System Reliability ToolkitThe purpose of this publication is to provide illustrative examples of the more common mathematical calculations and statistical techniques utilized by reliability engineers in the practical performance of their daily activities. It is intended to be used as a companion to the RIAC “System Reliability Toolkit”, as the foundations of all of the techniques illustrated in this publication are discussed therein.
- Achieving System Reliability Growth Through Robust Design and TestThis book offers new definitions of how failures can be characterized, and how those new definitions can be used to develop metrics that will quantify how effective a Design for Reliability (DFR) process is in (1) identifying failure modes and (2) mitigating their root failure causes.
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma EnterpriseCourse Description The purpose of this 1-day course is to provide participants with an introduction to the foundational concepts of the Lean-Six Sigma philosophy and process. It will help participants successfully understand the organization of a Lean-Six Sigma program. Simulations on variations in such processes will be practiced. Who Should Take the Course This course… Read More
- Lunchtime Learning SeriesThe “Lunchtime Learning” series is a group of short course tutorials are aimed at providing a basic introduction to a variety of topics in which our community members have expressed an interest.