|Data & Tools||Publications||Training|
What is it?
A Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) is a “closed loop” process for identifying, tracking and reporting root causes of failures and defining, implementing and verifying effective corrective actions.
What’s the payoff?
An effective FRACAS captures all data and information necessary for timely identification, analysis and correction of design/process failures in one centralized location. Analysis and reporting of failure trends and capture of lessons learned allows an organization to growth the reliability of its current products/processes, and improve the inherent reliability of future products/processes.
How can we help?
- Provide an independent, objective evaluation of an existing FRACAS
- Define and implement an internal company FRACAS process
- Automate an existing FRACAS process, including web-based remote entry, graphical presentation of trends and summary/detailed reports
- Analyze FRACAS data and help identify/correct root causes of failures
- Develop custom algorithms for unique data and trend analysis requirements
Staff at the RMQSI Knowledge Center have provided many years of value-added consulting and software/tool development experience in the RMQ Engineering disciplines, to both commercial and government clients. Browse through our website to learn more and contact us to see how we can develop software and tools tailored to the specific RMQ needs of your organization.
- Reliability Toolkit: Commercial Practices EditionThe “Reliability Toolkit: Commercial Practices Edition” helps both the commercial and military sectors deal with developing and manufacturing reliable products in today’s competitive markets. Over 80 topics, representing every aspect of a product’s reliability over its life cycle, have been well received by thousands of Toolkit owners to date.
- System Reliability Toolkit-VThe System Reliability Toolkit provides technical guidance in all aspects of system reliability, addressing both software reliability and human factors to better reflect the changing requirements of defense community.
- Achieving System Reliability Growth Through Robust Design and TestThis book offers new definitions of how failures can be characterized, and how those new definitions can be used to develop metrics that will quantify how effective a Design for Reliability (DFR) process is in (1) identifying failure modes and (2) mitigating their root failure causes.
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)A Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) is one of the most critical elements in the development, implementation, operation and maintenance process through which the reliability of a system, including hardware and software, can be continually improved. Despite efforts to discover potential failure modes early in the design cycle and prevent their manifestation, unanticipated failures do occur.